Monday, May 14, 2012

I am home sick today, so I got some stuff done and here I am writing a blog post that I hope you will enjoy! I have lots to talk about, so if you aren't ready to read a novel (Exaggeration? Indeed.) then I suggest you bookmark this page and come back later when you've drank your coffee and had a shower. I usually blog on Tuesdays, but I'm home today so I figured I'd give it to you a day early as a Mother's Day treat. Let me know in the comments what you did for your Mom on Mother's Day! 

I painted my Mom a mug with her name on it, made her a really creative card, and served her breakfast in bed. I even let her sleep in a little while longer, instead of crawling into her bed looking for warmth. (It's really cold in my room...) I'd like to give a couple shoutouts to all the Mom's out there in the world! You ladies rock! Another shoutout to the kids out there who don't have a Mom. You're not alone, just hang in there! Shoutout to my classmate, Sandrine who celebrated her 13th birthday today! Shoutout to Arianna, from http://www.thetexastrekkie2.blogspot.ca. You should really go visit her blog, it's amazing.

I have some suggestions of cool stuff for this week! So yesterday, for Mother's day, my Dad drove my whole family out of the country for a sightseeing day trip. Me and my little sister aren't that into sightseeing, so we rented a really funny movie called 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'. It's hilarious, I really recommend you check it out! And, just if you're wondering, we have DVD players in our car, so that's how we watched the movie. If ever you go on a road trip with kids, pop a DVD player and a movie in the backseat and you're set for hours of silence, haha. A music recommendation for this week would be 'Another Day In Paradise' by Phil Collins. He's one of my all-time favourites. That song should really be on your summer vacation playlist right now! For a reading suggestion, I strongly suggest subscribing to 'OWL Magazine'. It's fun, and educational. They hold contests for every issue and you can win some totally awesome prizes. Go check it out!

My Dad ordered an ice cream maker off the shopping channel a few weeks ago. And it recently came in the mail. I am so excited to use it! Maybe I can post a few ice cream recipes when I figure them out. While we're talking ice cream, could you guys let me know in the comments what your favourite ice cream flavor is? I'm trying to figure out what flavor to make. I really like Cookies 'n' Cream.

I would really appreciate some help on getting some new readers. I'll hold a little contest for it. If you can get me three (3) new readers, let me know what their names and email addresses are. I'll post a shoutout to you with a detailed message on my blog. It can even be for promoting your own blog, also.

TTYL,

Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment